- Q: How long is an Ondamed session?
- A: The first session involves four “modules” and lasts approximately an hour. Subsequent sessions involve two modules and last approximately half an hour.
- Q: Is there any pain during a session?
- A: No. Most patients don’t feel anything at all, and certainly not any pain.
- Q: How soon should I expect to feel better?
- A: Some patients feel better during the first session. Others may not notice anything for 8 or 10 sessions. Every patient is different. Whereas drugs typically have a defined onset and duration of action, PEMF is completely specific to each individual. Consequently, no generalizations can be made about how soon a given patient will feel better.
- Q: What should I expect after my first session?
- A: Don’t expect anything. Just let your body respond how it will. Some will feel better immediately. Some won’t feel any different and will wonder if anything happened. Others will feel worse for the first day, which is a detoxification reaction. Whatever happens is what your body asked for, and what your body needs.
- Q: Are there specific programs for each symptom, such as headaches, abdominal pain, and so forth?
- A: No. This is the difference between traditional Western medicine and Eastern medicine. Western medicine prescribes a “headache drug” that suppresses headaches without regard to what might be causing YOUR headache. Eastern medicine (acupuncture, for example) identifies and addresses energy disturbances in organs that cause the symptoms we experience. Ondamed doesn’t “know” that a patient has headaches. Instead, we allow the body to tell us, through Ondamed, which energy fields it wants to help it correct energetic imbalances. Once this is accomplished, the symptom of interest may or may not resolve, depending on whether it is related to the imbalance. At the same time, there are certain programs that have been found to be effective for some problems, such as wound healing and smoking. This is very useful in some circumstances. However, we prefer to use the biofeedback approach whenever possible because the body knows best what it needs.
- Q: My depression doesn’t seem any better after the first session. Is there really any benefit to doing more?
- A: Every patient and every problem is different. In general, longstanding problems will take longer to improve. Whereas someone with a cold may improve after a single session, someone with PTSD should plan on at least ten.
- Q: How often can I have sessions?
- A: As often as you need. Fractures can benefit from two sessions per day, if this is feasible. Most conditions respond well to twice-weekly sessions. For our patients who travel several hours to see us, they can still benefit from a session once or twice a month. The smoking cessation protocol takes only two sessions.
The information provided herein is for Educational Purposes Only and has not been designed to diagnose, treat, mitigate, prevent or cure any health conditions. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements.